Here comes MODx Revolution Beta release
Hey folks, the long awaited beta release for MODx Revolution has just arrived!
Download it from: http://modxcms.com/downloads/. Read the installation instruction. There is no automatic upgrade from Evolution (aka 0.9.6.3) branch as of yet, but that is planned for an upcoming Release Candidate.
Please read the MODx Revolution 2.0-beta-1 Release Announcement for further details on whats included and whats not, and how to make most of it.
We Need Developers!
Now that there's a fixed preview point, it's time for those developers who've been lurking out there to start contributing. Along with the preview, we're also unveiling our new development infrastructure, centered around a full Atlassian stack:
- Crowd Single Sign On technology to manage access
- JIRA issue and bug tracker (replacement for Trac)
- Fisheye Subversion browser
- Confluence enterprise wiki - we need contributors!
- Crucible for painless peer code and anonymous patch submission reviews
- New PHP API Documentation - Detailed explanations of the new xPDO-based core.
- Coming Soon: We're working on integrating with forum accounts, but for now you will need to maintain two logins.
Make sure to read theHow to Become a MODx Contributorpage.
Also check out:
Development and Testing Notes
Thats it for now. Enjoy the new beta and lets get together in MODx Forums for discussions.
PS. Did I tell you that MODx Evolution (1.0) is also around the corner?